Outerwear and necessities (gloves etc.)
In order for you to fully enjoy our products please always follow the washing instructions printed on the product label. Wash with low temperatures and avoid the use of softeners.
Specialist washing products can be bought in most outdoor shops or online and these can really help to prolong the life and waterproofness of your items.
Non apparel like boots, backpacks, liners:
We can't guarantee that these product groups will keep their fit and functionality after a wash cycle in the washing machine so we recommend you clean them by hand with a wet cloth. Some products are not meant to be washed often, that's why we don't print washing instructions on them.
REPLENISH WATER REPELLENCY
STEP 1 | WASHING:
- Check the care instructions on the label to see if there are any unusual restrictions. Close all zippers and Velcro flaps. Use a powder detergent, or better yet use Grangers. Never use a detergent with bleach, fabric softener, color brighteners or whiteners as these will leave a residue that masks the DWR coating (Durable Water Repellent).
- Rinse twice, especially if using a normal detergent (this will remove more of the detergent residue).
- Wash maximum 2 Pieces of tech-wear (same colors) together.
STEP 2 | RE-APPLY DWR COATING
- We recommend Grangers, which is available at many outdoor specialty retailers or online.
- Make sure to choose the right Grangers product for the outerwear you are re-treating.
STEP 3 | RE-ACTIVATE THE WATERPROOFNESS
- Re-activate your DWR after washing by simply tumble drying for about 1 hour on a medium heat. This will reactivate your DWR.
- Usually you can do this a couple of times before you need to re-apply a Spray-on DWR.